Army Public School, Devlali was born in 01 April 1997 with Brig PPS Bhatia as the first chairman and Mrs Neeta Prakash as its first Principal. Prior to that it had been functioning as the Sarvatra School since 1953. Lt Gen Vinay Shankar PVSM AVSM VSM then commandant School of Artillery, realizing the need for quality education for wards of Army personnel, was instrumental in converting this School into Army School. The school shifted to its present location in June 1999 under the able guidance of Mrs Deep Kaul as she envisioned the school would prosper at a rapid pace. Though it had started out with just 230 students and 14 teachers spread over classes nursery to VI, its present strength is over 2300 students and 89 teachers and it continues to add more almost every day. The school is affiliated to CBSE and functions under the aegis of AWES and as per their directive it was de-linked from pre-primary in 2002.
Army Public School proudly graduated to being a full fledged higher secondary school when the first batch of Class XII passed out successfully in 2004. It is a matter of pride that there has been no looking back ever since and it is known not only for its excellent results but also a complete and holistic education and hence is the alma mater of many success stories.